Monday, December 9, 2013

Vietnam Travel Diary (3): Hue, Hoi An and finally, Homebound!

Since my body and mind were overly battered from the bus rides during our Vietnam trip, I wasn’t really able to form coherent thoughts and insights because I was intent in holding myself together as not to give in to fatigue and near suffocation.

So, here’s a photo overload instead. *wink*

Don’t get me wrong. I still love bus rides---but don't put me for more than 60 hours inside it, please.


KAI DINH TOMB

Khai Dinh tomb belongs to Thuy Bang, Huong Thuy, Thua Thien-Hue and it is far about 10 kilometers from Hue city. Khai Dinh tomb has an area smaller than others one but it is more sparkling and sophisticated between western and oriental architecture.

Khai Dinh King chose Chau Ngu Mountain to built tomb which is far about 10 kilometers from Hue. The tomb was established on September 4th 1920 and lasted to 11 years after. The tomb has a combination between modern and traditional architecture. In comparison with those of the preceding emperors, Khai Dinh’ s tomb is much smaller in surface (117m x 48.5m) but it is very elaborate. (http://www.toursinvietnam.com)


Situated at the peak of Chau Ngu Mountain, our feat of climbing the stairs up to the tomb was rewarded by the sight of the wide expanse of the skies and the sprawling trees. Space, a lot of space----is love!


I think that the interior of this edifice is one of the best that I’ve ever been into. The details of the designs are so intricate that despite the fact that it was actually built for the purpose of being a tomb, the whole interior is such an eye-candy.


I don’t know what is it about statues and mannequins that slightly scare me----it’s as if they can move to life, anytime.




CHINESE TEMPLE, HOI AN

The sea below this mountain where the temple is located, reminded me so much of Guisi, Guimaras.



COFEE HUNTING, YET AGAIN
We found one of the best coffees in the city!





Caption this. *wink*


LAMPANG-BOUND, FINALLY

"One of the best things to look forward to when leaving for a vacation, is the warmth of being welcomed back home."









No comments:

Post a Comment