Saturday, October 15, 2011

They never can and they most certainly never will :)

I woke up today remembering that it's Sunday, instantly crushed with the thought that it's yet another day that I don't get to eat a late, lazy Sunday breakfast with loud and rambunctious people at home.

 But then a tingle of warmth inside me slowly crept and warmed my whole system with the thought that I may be alone and might feel lonely once in a while but the people that I'm longing to be with at this very moment are actually not completely detached from me, that they never can and they never will. Here's why:


  • My nanay constantly daily reminds me through texts that I have to wake up already and do what I have to do for the day for she clearly knows that her daughter is actually a scatter-brained, absent-minded 8-year old who pretends to be an able and efficient 23-year old.

  • I have a 14 year old brother who can be my student if the circumstance allowed it, but who never believes me when I answer his questions in his Biology subjects for it is already programmed in his twisted mind that his sister is his play-drawing contest-craziness moment-white lies-jamming partner buddy. So despite the distance, he constantly pesters me everyday and constantly denies that he misses me. Yet, I know better.

  • A sister who supplies me constantly with her cheezy  stories.

  • A family in which, in my absence, would most probably certainly think about me and insert me in their discussion in any chance they can get------during siestas, early morning talk, afternoon convene, inuman sessions of my cousins and uncles.

  • A group of friends (high school classmates, to be exact) to pester and fight with and make up with though virtually, since they are scattered at different points all through out the globe.

So, I am actually alone in here, but almost always not lonely. I'm lucky. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment