Wednesday, August 24, 2011

16th of April

















364 days, and I wonder how
some one and 1/2 day less
than a year
could be enough...
how could it be enough
to still the yearning to gaze
into your eyes,
and trace the maze
in your head
how could it be enough
to still the hunger
to rub against your mind
and hold every ideas
you've ever had
you have no idea about
the times when in the midst
of the silence that we waged----
you really have no idea
about the times when
I wished that the sky would
just give up
give up, and let the
stars come falling, crushing,
spinning down
and never stop
yet my voice of reason
would always laugh
right out at me....
and maybe it should
but still, it would not
have mattered
if you asked
me.....
if you asked me,
to leave my usual painfully straight path,
to fix your bleeding face,
to bring you back some grace
it would not have mattered
if you asked me
if I have seen your
honor somewhere
to let me take you into my bare arms
and make you whole
to let me break the curse
and make you well
I would have done that
I could have held you altogether,
broken pieces and blasted pride
and all
if I could just break my own bubble
of fear and heal your own fears
then I could make you know
how much i  have needed you...
needed you to finally,
allow yourself to
lean
on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment