Sunday, August 12, 2012

Streets, Sand, Water, and People----and How an Artistic Soul can Capture All These…

We haven’t seen each other ever since like, forever. My last memories of hanging around with her before she went to Greece *insert the soundtrack for any Greek mythology movie here! Ahahaha!* was when I was in my early high school years and imagine how long ago that was! But if there is one word that can perfectly describe her, it’s artistic.

She always had an eye for color, and symmetry, and pattern. I’ve forgotten that about her until recently, for whatever reasons, I was able to glimpse her artistic soul again through the photos which she took. Sure, my painfully  poor memory can remember how good she was in drawing and painting and sketching----she even drew some of my projects and assignments when I was a just a gusgusin elementary kid.

Call me biased because she’s my cousin but at the moment, I just love her photographic works that I am inspired to have written this post to give justice to her awesome works. I too am in love with photography that with my good’ol point and click digicam, there are moments when I could get lucky and get some wonderful shots. But next to her works, my wonderful photos become okay photos.

So before I rattle too much and sound like a dopey-eyed fan girl slash younger cousin, here are some of her works. I could put all of them there since they are all too awesome but the space allowed for a single blog post may not be enough. So here are some of my favorites instead: 























This is a reminder for me to point my old, ratty camera into something beautiful the next time I go somewhere and not just point it at my face and make some goofy expressions all the time! Oh, if only my good’ol camera can complain! Plus, it’s like an additional reminder that you don’t need to be recognized in order to fuel your passion and create something beautiful. It’s like being creative runs in the family, naks! Ahahaha!

P.S. Ne Aiza, keep on unleashing that artistic fire! And I think that one day, you need to put up your own studio because your works are just so absobloodylutely moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment