Sunday, August 26, 2012

Royal Flora 2011

This post is actually half a year late.


Blame it to my occasional lazy-daisy moments which when strikes, could actually get the best of me. I know, I know---I’ve made a pact to update this blog regularly but mere mortals like me have to make a living, or else.

Last December of 2011 (See when I told you that this post is soooooooo last year?), we were able to visit Ratchapruek or most commonly known as the Royal Flora. This is a big humungous garden which actually opens officially to the public during the Thai winter of every year as it is the time when the temperate flowers are showcasing their full bloom. Since this is located in the center of the buzzling Chiang Mai, it is very accessible to everyone and the entrance fee which is just about 200-250 baht is very much worth of the experience.






And when I said earlier that this place is humungous, I wasn’t bluffing or exaggerating! One needs to take a mini bus which will take you to different locations inside the garden. But if you have enough time allotted for the place, a walk (Which is a long one, I swear!) is definitely highly recommended. I was even like a four-year old kid who was walking “hoppily” from one station to another since I couldn’t contain my glee and excitement!










Since we only had a limited time, we really weren’t able to visit all the corners of the place. Plus, Royal Flora at night is a must see for the tourists since they offer variety shows with people in actual costumes all over the place. It’s like their version of the Disneyland parade. And, the lights all over the place are just spectacular----and that’s something that we missed, BIG TIME! For this year’s winter, going back to the Royal Flora (with a longer time allotted) is definitely in my must-do list!

I’ll definitely be back, jing-jing (Thai word for “true”)!

No comments:

Post a Comment