Sunday, April 8, 2012

Traipsing the Highways from the NORTH to the SOUTH (Never mind that it's 4 months late! *wink*)

These photos are four months late, alright.

So that means I was way too lazy to put entries in here for about four months (imagine that?!). But since I'm determined to shoo away the lazy bug (yahooo!!!), with this entry, I'm promising myself to put in extra effort to push myself to write and share something positive in here everyday.

Okay, back to the story behind these photos. Mid-November of last year, I together with the Mathayom students and teachers in our English program classes traveled for about 13 hours from the north to the south of Thailand to have the yearly English camp in the Ratchaburi Province.

Ever the bubbly (narcissistic) girl when it comes to photo opportunities, even the super looong travel and the fact that my butt is screaming for surrender for having worked too much at being sat upon, not to mention that I must have definitely looked like the definition of what "rumpled" is, didn't dampen my spirits to keep on snapping the shutter of my camera.


Lunch Stop-over on the Way to Ratchaburi

This Japanese-inspired restaurant is also like a pasalubong center and I tasted one of the best cassava kanum (thai word for desert) in here!


Landah Orchid Resort

This place houses some of the rarest tropical orchids. We got to stay here for the night, in one of their chalet-inspired cottages.
Oh no! The pixie-sized me is overshadowed. I'm actually there. Look, on the top! On the top! A little on the top!
Whatcha think of my headdress au naturale?
Who says camp advisers couldn't goof around?

Scenery Vintage Farm


Since my role in this trip is a  teacher (ahem!), the projection of a no-nonsense aura is a must. But the way that I uttered my "ohhhh's" and "ahhhhhh's" at this place ended my disguise and exposed the fact that I would always be an 8-year old at heart. This is a Swiss-inspired farm with lots and lots of open space. Had it not been for the impressionable teens under my care, I would have rented one of the Victorian era flowing gowns in their thrift shop and took a lot of photos while milking some sheep. I'll reserve that for next time, you bet! :)







Ban Hom Tian Candle Factory

The fact that we were able to make our own scented candles and bring home one as a souvenir was SUPER cool!




Beungchawark Aquarium


It was not just the fishes that amazed me nor the run-away nemo mascot. The crocodiles and the fact that only a thin wire mesh separates us sent me into an adrenaline rush and put my OA/OC imagination into full gear!








Amphawa Floating Market


Finally, one of my "to do" is finally crossed out in my bucket list. I was able to go marketing in Thailand while riding on a tinie-tiny boat. And the "tawaran" portion while buying some trinkets and stuff was so much fun! Plus, the chance to see the fireflies on a secluded area of the floating market was a BONUS (*wink*)! :)










And finally, one of the things that I LOVE about Thailand which makes me feel that somehow, I'm a bit closer to home is its beautiful sunrises and sunsets. ;D




No comments:

Post a Comment