Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 3: Dear My Writing Muse


Dear My Writing Muse,

I’ve been particularly  lazy to write today---I haven’t even finished my Morning Pages exercise.

Forgive me for most of the time, I take the credits away from you and hand it to some people who come into my life in a whirlwind----as fast as how they come is as how fast they leave. And then during those times, I sulk and break into non-writing tantrums,  claiming a block even though you are actually asking for us to meet at the page.

Now, I understand that you are not present in people, or places, or circumstances, or in certain events. You are in me.  I’ve denied that basic fact for a long time because I was scared of that big responsibility. So, I tried looking for someone and something to blame whenever I get the urge to escape from being accountable in heeding what you ask me to write.  I sometimes still do that though, block you and then blame a particular person or circumstance. It actually works. But I don’t want that drama anymore. I realized that if I keep on doing that, you will keep on growing and I would remain stranded. And if that’s the case, that wouldn’t be beneficial for the both of us, would it?

So, I’m taking full responsibility. Please understand me during the days when I would ignore you. I would also try to understand if there are times when you would take your well-deserved break. Let’s compromise, okay? That’s one of the ingredients of any great relationships, and I perfectly think  that we can work this one out.


Love,
Au



P.S. Will you go with me on regular and exclusive dates?

No comments:

Post a Comment