Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Beautiful Strength

Yes, I'm frail-looking and my ways seem to convey vulnerability. But I'm warning you beforehand not to be deceived by all of it.

Don't treat me as if I'm china. I'm a stoneware. So never assume that I can't take heartbreaks and dissapointments. I've had my share of those.




You don't have to put great effort in sugar-coating the truth to me, no matter how hurtful you may think they are. I tell you, I've heard more painful stories of people who seem to have been forgotten by time and by life in particular.

Never, ever shield my eyes from the ugly realities. My eyes have seen countless of them that you may have not even seen. I've seen how poverty can strip some people naked, how ignorance can bleed them into hopeless desperation, how vanity can expose the most ugliest of realities. 

Do not ever keep me on the ground or on the sidewalk for the fear that I may just land back from a great fall. I've experienced how it is to bruise black and blue from trying to reach the heights of many elusive dreams and opportunities.

Do not ever pretend to be having the joy of staying in here when your wandering spirit is being haunted by distant dreams and places. That, I can understand. Never think of me being alone. I can bear that. I've lost some dreams, some friends, and some family members, and some people dear to me along the way.

Do not put my heart in a cage thinking that it's too fragile lo let anything happen to it. "How can something good will happen if you don't let anything happen to me?", remember Nemo's line? That's my line too. My heart is tough. It's been shattered several times into countless  and what it seems to be unrecognizable pieces. It's now filled with cracks and lines and plasters to hold it together but you see, what makes it a beautiful heart is that each crack and line and plaster has its own story to tell. And hear that? It's beating, so my heart's perfectly just fine.

So the next time you look at me and see a girl instead of a person who has gone through her life with her own share of its ups and downs, think again. 

I am not china. I'm a stoneware.


1 comment: